Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden shed on concrete base

Options
  • 07-04-2022 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Installing a garden shed next week

We have a concrete base going in this week as whole garden is being re-done

There is a drainage channel being isntalled when the patio will meet the concrete slab

Can the shed be installed directly on the concrete base ?

Or will it need to be put on blocks still to raise it off the concrete ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Installing a garden shed next week

We have a concrete base going in this week as whole garden is being re-done

There is a drainage channel being isntalled when the patio will meet the concrete slab

Can the shed be installed directly on the concrete base ?

Or will it need to be put on blocks still to raise it off the concrete ?

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Will still need to be raised up I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,453 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Rised up definitely.

You don't want your timber shed sitting in a puddle of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I don't see the point in a concrete base if you're just going to stick it on blocks.

The point of a concrete base is to give a lower threshold, a solid floor, and no space for vermin to live underneath.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Well on a concrete base you would get away with much smaller blocks, you wouldn't need to raise it up on the 9 inch blocks you usually see. It just needs to be off the ground so the base isn't sitting in water.

But I agree, concrete base is pointless under a timber shed as it can't sit on the base anyway. Maybe get a steel shed instead, or don't bother with the base.

• Advertisement
Advertisement