Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Website crash

• 06-04-2022 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there

I am wondering if anybody else is having the same problem. I have been sent a link to gain access to the National Vetting Bureau NVB website as I have been offered a job. When I put my email and date of birth the page keeps crashing. I assume lots of people are have the same problem as me and are trying to access the same page and NVB are inundated with people trying to get access to their website. I have used google chrome and Microsoft edge both are crashing.

I am curious is anybody else have the same problem as me. Any feedback would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,058 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

When you say 'crashing' what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Like arts and crafts

It takes me to a Server Error in '/' Application

On the next line it says 'runtime error' giving a description and details of the error.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭recode the site

The HTML on the Garda vetting website needs updating as to HTML compatibility, from what I can see looking at the source code. Looks like it was coded by someone of even less experience as a newbie like me or with my dodgy eyesight. Try some pre-historic browser, it might just work. Just shows how much investment has been put into it. Below is a sample of one of the site’s pages…

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

Looking at their site it seems your browser might not support it. Wont work with Edge, and as per above you may need to update Chrome. Hope you get it to work for you.

Thanks for your help. I know old browsers are insecure if needs must

• Advertisement

We can always rely on the guards to rely on technology as old as the abacus 😂 I remember when they had no internet access, at the very same time I didn’t when I was working in a customer facing role in an information service!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

this is standard html5. absolutely nothing wrong with it and it's the industry standard.

Thanks for all your replies. I managed to get the vetting form into the gardai

Advertisement