Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Instrument display Passat 2008 TDI

Options
  • 05-04-2022 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Apologies if this is a very novice question but when you put the key in and everything lights up on the display, I read somewhere that all the icons that exist should light up. On my 2008 Passat TDI 1.9 I’ve pictured below what lights up, a great icons are missing, I’ve also attached the manual picture of all the icons. Though some icons that are not appearing when I put the key in do lights up when I use that particular instrument, lights for instance, fog lights, cruise control so maybe I shouldn’t be worried but just wanted to ask.

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Only the orange and red fault indicator lights come on with the ignition to show the system is working.

The green information symbols for cruise, auto hold, lights etc dont come on with the ignition.

Your photo looks fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Captain Kidd

Thanks, that’s good to know, though these yellow ones don’t appear, though I’m not 100% sure that manual image is for my exact car. When I asked in a different thread about a DPF filter people said this model of Passat (2008 TDI 1.9) doesn’t have DPF and is one of the icons in that manual picture so I’m not sure which is true.

These are yellow icons that don’t seem to be jumping on when everything first lights up. Pictures below are from the manual.

Thanks again

Though I should add the fog light doesn’t come on when everything lights up but does come on when I switch on the fog lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭mk7r

379.000km is not bad going for a Passat

Should I be worried 🙈

Bought it recently, it seems to have been well taken care of, it’s a bit of a risk with that much mileage but I’m hoping it lasts a couple more years so want to take as best care of it as I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭mk7r

It will be fine, just change the oil regularly and don't spend too much money it.

Advertisement