Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross country trail recommendations in Dublin/Kildare

Options
  • 05-04-2022 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I live in Maynooth and I'm looking for recommendations for any XC trails near me/within 30km radius. Any suggestions ? I go to Donadea Forest quite often but I kind of got bored of going to the same place all the time. I've been to Ticknock, planning to go to Hill of Allen, anywhere else worth visiting ? I'm more of a XC rider but confident with small jumps, drops etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Probably worth checking out Slade valley, most of the trails are quite XC, look up the location on trailforks. The red graded trails aren't really xc trails but are doable on an xc bike. Hill of Allen is not really XC at all, I'd recommend being quite comfortable on jumps before visiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ram82

Cheers for the info. I've been to Slade Valley once and for some reason I found it difficult to navigate but I'll try again with Trailforks maps. I'll wait with Hill of Allen until I'm a bit better in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

Theres not much else around, there are bits and pieces in Carton but not much to it. Spinning over to ticknock is good for the fitness!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

check out "gravel bike - routes ireland" facebook group they do a lot of weekend trips near and far.

Advertisement