Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return to Golf after 5 years

Options
  • 05-04-2022 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I've just returned to golf following 5 years away from the game (didn't hit a single ball since 2017!)..just wondering...is it still necessary to play in 3 home competitions before you can play an open fixture at another club? hoping to get my cards in for a new handicap and straight into the open fixtures. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

It might depend on your club, I didn't have to play club competitions for my initial 3 rounds, I just had to play 3 rounds with a member who had a handicap index. They signed my 3 "casual rounds" with them, and that gave me my initial handicap index. Once that was sorted I was ok to go and play open fixtures.

Advertisement