Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a smart rotary button

Options
  • 04-04-2022 11:27pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a button that does rotary controls as well as push button. Preferably battery and wifi.

I added a shelly dimmer to the living room, and the lightswitch that's been replaced is still hard to reach (behind the couch in the middle of the room), I'd like to add a wireless control I could put up near the usual entrace to the room that could also be used to control the dimmer (my partner never has his phone on him, so tangible controls are still a requirement). I'd rather not have to stand up an additional system with a hub, but if that's the handiest way forward, maybe I can take that approach. It'd all need to integrate w/ home assistant too...

TLDR: Rotary button, runs on battery, talks to home assistant

Advertisement