Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat and hebe

Options
  • 04-04-2022 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,156 ✭✭✭✭

I recently planted a whole lot of shrubs in a new flowerbed, including a small hebe, not sure what variety, it has pink, cream and green leaves. One of the cats has fallen passionately in love with it. She rubs her face in it and rolls in it. Or at least she did till I surrounded it with sticks to keep her off, she was then spotted pushing the sticks aside to get at it. Its as though it is catmint, although she has never shown any interest in catmint.

I checked it up and there is no indication that it is particularly attractive to cats, at the same time it is not harmful either. Has anyone else seen this reaction to a particular plant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

We had a round hebe shrub when we first had cats. Favourite game of two of them was to jump right into the centre of it a and chase each other through it.

I don't know if it did any harm to the cats but the shrub didn't survive!

Advertisement