Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amateur photographers winner takes all competition

• 03-04-2022 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Short post:

1. Photographers shoot predetermined theme each moth.

2. I upload photos on a website, and take the fee (€5-10, explained in more detail below)

3. Best photo is voted by contest participants only.

4. Winner takes all the money.

5. New theme, new competition

If you like the idea please read the long post. Please don't comment before reading the long post.

Long post:

1. First theme for shooting will be decided by me, later we can vote on every new theme if agree to do so.

2. To avoid any kind of biase while voting all photos will be uploaded at the same time, photos will be anonymous ( you will not know who's photo it is) voting will be anonimus, number of votes for each photo will not show untill the end of the competition, order or photos will be random for each voter, you can't vote for your own photo.

The fee is there to make thinks a bit more interesting, to discourage people who are not serious enough to participate, but low enough to discourage proffesionals to participate, this is for ameteurs only. 

3. As explained, only those who participate in the competition will be able to vote. The idea is to be judged by your peers, rather then by general public.

4. I will take the payments on revolut only, so you'll have to get my phone number, thus you know who I am. It will be my personal number but I'll probably make a revolut account for this purpose only. I will share screenshoots of the accout with all participants.

WINNER TAKES ALL. I will not take any percentage of the fees, everything will go to the winner. 

5. Rinse and repeat each month.

Why am I doing this:

I was looking for this kind of competition but couldn't find any so decided to make my own. Which means I will participate myself, but I'll have no advantage because I'm running the competition, everything will be as transparent as possible.

I will take care of the competition website and everything involved, including a few small expenses.

I guess the competitors will be mainly from Ireland, but it will be oppened to everyone.

If you have any questions or ideas what can be done differently please let me know.

Also please let me know if you're interested so I know if I should spend time and money to organise something or not.

Advertisement