Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting radiators?

Options
  • 02-04-2022 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Hows it going,

Gonna paint me radiators, using Weather Shield Satinwood for metal and wood. My radiators are the typical white you find in Irish houses, do I need a primer or is the white thats on it OK to stick to?

If I do need primer, which one?

Its normal gas boiler, water rads, if that makes a diff?

Thank you,

C.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭phormium

I've never bothered with a primer, just painted straight onto rads, however as that is a water based one it might be worth putting on an undercoat of some sort. I have always used oil based for radiators.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Satinwood works fine - I did it about 10 years ago in a kids bedroom and it's still looking grand. No primer needed as the metal was already primed, but I did wash it down with sugar-soap and sand it with a 180 grit first.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭rockdrummer4

Thanks, have done 3 rads so far, like you said sanded down and washed off with spirits.. looking good..

Advertisement