Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dial in Red Gauge ,Pipe beginning to leak

Options
  • 01-04-2022 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

Hi folks just noticed this pipe leaking tonight it may have been dripping occasionally for a few days , its under the Gas Boiler,

Do i need a plumber to check this or can i diy any help appreciated THanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

Hi folks just noticed this pipe leaking tonight it may have been dripping occasionally for a few days , its under the Gas Boiler,

Do i need a plumber to check this or can i diy any help appreciated THanks

Anybody at all ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

You most likely need a registered gas installer.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

What you can do yourself:

Turn the adjusting screw on the pressure reducing valve anticlockwise say 2 turns or ideally, shut the isolating valve, if fitted. to the right of the PRV (pressure reducing valve). When (if) the system cold then open a rad vent valve to reduce the pressure to 1.5 bar, the pressure will/should then rise to ~ 2/2.2 bar when system hot, at 3 bar, the boiler safety valve (also called a PRV) should lift, the waste pipe from this PRV may be (incorrectly) teed into that leaking plastic pipe which is probably the boiler condensate drain, this pipe should, hopefully, stop dripping as well. The system should then not require topping up for months, if/when it falls to 1.0bar, open the isolating valve and very slowly turn the adjustment screw clockwise until the pressure rises to 1.5 bar and re shut the isolating valve.

Many Thanks John For Detailed Answer on reflection i might just let the Plumber Do it thanks everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭youtheman

That white pipe is totally unrelated to the 2 pressure gauges shown in your photos. That white pipe is a drain pipe, assume it is the condensate drain. Confirm this (or otherwise) by tracing the pipe to where it eventually ends, most probably open ended into a drain somewhere. So it can be easily replaced. Even try tightening the top nut by hand.

Advertisement