Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1930's Doer Upper - Full retrofit with heatpump or Upgrade gas boiler and piping/Rads

Options
  • 01-04-2022 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi all, currently living in a doer upper with a pretty old gas boiler. We want to upgrade rads/boiler so we might do a full plumbing fit out with maybe a view to swapping to a heat pump in the future. What I want to know, is it worth my while going down the heat pump route with such an old house or are my better off stick to a gas boiler and insulating as much as I can. The current BER is E3 so I do know that we have a lot of insulating to do.

Thanks,

TJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Heat pump isn't suitable for you at the moment. You'd need a minimum B rating to get any real benefit from it. Have a look at the new grants available to bring your home up to B rating

Advertisement