Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

combi drill

Options
  • 01-04-2022 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭

hi folks,looking for advice/help on buying a drill for diy stuff,need a drill to do concrete walls/and screws in 2-3 inch screws into timber etc as i hang alot of shelves,my own drill is a corded black and decker and has served me well,am now looking at the cordless ones,ie dewalt ect,my budget is around 100-150 so any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Usually an sds and screwgun needed unless the combis have improved for drilling masonry

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭bfclancy

For occasionally drilling a block wall cordless drill is fine. Have a Stanley fatmax and a Ryobi, perfectly good for the diyer, available in b and q

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

The combis take so long drilling holes in masonry that the plug does be loose in the hole

I dunno I reckon u need 2 , can't really see the point of trying to do both jobs with one

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Saladin Ane

Screwfix have three or four SDS drills for under 100 yoyos

Advertisement