Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2022 27th - 29th May

Options
  • 01-04-2022 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭

I'd no idea that this was still on the go, but it looks to be a small line up compared to days of old. I used to get updates on Facebook whenever they announced but must of inadvertently hit the unfollow button or something. Anyway another poster made me aware that its still on the go, so here is the line up poster, I presume there is more to be added to this.

Edit: Actually this is a better poster, a lot more names added, this update was posted on the Life FB page five hours ago.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Post edited by bodhrandude on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Alkers

Just the initial announcement so far I think.

We have tickets from two years ago when Eric prydz was supposed to headline, hoping he's added again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,171 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That's a really good lineup there are loads of people on that I would go to see. Pity I'm about ten years older than the crowd that goes to this festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well this is the first proper festival happening this weekend, I hope you get some nice weather for it, felt sorry for the crew setting up over the last few days weather looked miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The festival map is out with the layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭RINO87

Looks like they will have the weather for it anyway!! Cracking little festival and a great start to the summer. Do they not have a Psytrance area any more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

its far from a psytrance festival now.

Over 200 drug detections at Life festival

https://www.westmeathexaminer.ie/2022/06/01/over-200-drug-detections-at-life-festival/

The number of drug detections are down significantly from previous Life festivals, however this year's capacity of 5,000 was only a third of what it was in 2019.

wonder how many tickets were and how many got in for free.. the more the merrier at that point though.

Cllr Shaw first voiced his opposition to Life being held at Belvedere House and Gardens after last year’s event when it emerged that around 500 festival goers were caught with drugs.

The figures are up slightly, something which Cllr Shaw says comes as no surprise.

“The point I am making is that Belvedere is supposed to one of Mullingar’s and Westmeath’s tourism attractions and this festival tars it with a bad name. It’s just not suitable for it.

“Last weekend I was coming from the count in Moate on Sunday night and I met some people who had obviously come from the festival and were walking towards Kilbeggan.

“It’s the same thing early in the morning. People driving their cars are meeting festival goers on the N52,” he said.

Allowing Belvedere House to be used to stage a dance music festival “sends out the wrong message” about Westmeath, Cllr Shaw believes.

I think we should be looking at a family friendly festival, whether it is country music or whatever else.

I am a young person and I like going to festivals but everyone sees the consequences of this.

lol https://www.westmeathcoco.ie/en/ourservices/yourcouncil/councillorsandcommittees/councillors/councillors/cllrjohnshaw.html

Advertisement