Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under sink pipe loose

Options
  • 31-03-2022 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi all!

Really hope one of you guys can tell me what the name of the below grey pipe part?

I want to buy a replacement because it just fell off the other pipe.

This is the pipe for the drain from the sink.

The connection that tightens around the other pipe no longer fits??? Even when fully tightened it just comes off when water goes through it.

The rubber seal seems to be gone too.

Does anybody know what the pipe connection is called? Or should I replace the full grey pipe part?

Thanks all! Sorry I know very little about all of this.

thank you all in advanced

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Likely you just need a new rubber seal:

Replacement 1 1/2" Waste Trap Seal Kit | Woodie's (woodies.ie) (assuming it's a 40mm pipe).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭chooseusername

That looks like the overflow connection.

Is it an undermounted sink?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

You (or someone else) have probably pushed the rubber seal back inside the pipe.

I find to remake those seals that have a screw thread on plastic pipe you have to unscrew the nut part completely and push it back over the pipe along with the rubber washer (and sometimes there is another flat washer). Then you push the pipe back in and align the washers/seals before tightening the nut back up. With old seals what happens if you don't do that is that as you push the pipe back you can push the rubber seal out.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭10-10-20

If the down-pipe from the sink-overflow is popping off, then it might be a misalignment issue between the sink drain and the position of that overflow pipe, I'd guess.

You can get replacement kits online, but you'd need to check the alignment first and also freshen-up any rubber which has perished.

Advertisement