Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualifying Conditions

Options
  • 31-03-2022 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Just got an email through from our club to say qualifying will commence from tomorrow. That's the earliest i can ever remember our course switching from NQ.

Preferred lies on closely mown areas and in the rough it can be lifted, cleaned and dropped within 6 inches.

I have hardly picked up a club since Christmas and am planning on playing this Saturday so that should be fun! 🤣

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭paulos53

I would have thought that a free drop in the rough would make it unacceptable for handicap purposes.

Is it lift, clean and replace in the rough?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I played kilcock recently and it was no placing , their first of the year, and had a few mud balls. The greens were sanded and hollow cored aswell so I didn't really see the point.

Just played headfort old today and the new the other and they are dry enough for no placing so it depends on the course I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

We started back last week, mostly OK but it was lift clean and replace in the rough. Course very dry for this time of the year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭IAmTitleist

The term on the email was "lift, clean and drop within 6 inches" in the rough.

What is the difference between drop and replace?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

It’s a big difference, if it’s dropping in the rough then it can’t be qualifying. Only replacing where it was can count

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,494 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Lift clean and replace is literally clean your ball and put it back in its identical lie, so other than cleaning it you should be getting no improvement on the ball position

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I played Tullamore last Saturday and Castlewarden this morning and both were in great condition but placing everywhere so not counting, typically I played well both times and have missed out on two decent cuts. Both were good enough condition to be qualifying

Someone at our club has got it wrong in that case because the email signed off with "competitions will now be qualifying".

• Registered Users Posts: 15,885 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Needs to be addressed. If they are allowing drops, it cannot be qualifying as mentioned above.

can you mention it in your club and see what they say. I’ve seen clubs before where committees actually hadn’t a clue of the rules!

Sounds like someone already made them aware of it because we got another email on Monday saying that it is now play it as it lies in the rough from now on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement