Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting no response

Options
  • 30-03-2022 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi

i was rear ended about 6 weeks ago, the driver of the other car wouldn’t stop and I had to chase her down just to get her to stop, there’s CCTV footage of the incident and I’ve had 2 separate mechanics from the insurance company look at the damage to my car

my partner was in the car and has had back / shoulder problems since and has had to take time off work, 2 separate doctors visits and is now booked in for an MRI scan,

any time I ring the insurance company i get told I’ll get a call back in a day or 2 and then I hear nothing, is this normal is what I’m wondering and what’s the hold up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,338 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Which insurance company sent two people to look at your car - hers or yours? Some insurance companies are notoriously slow dealing with claims and admin matters. But you shouldn't be in any rush to reach a settlement while your passenger is having scans etc.

If it's her insurance that's dragging their feet, tell her you'll report her to the Gardai for hit and run if her insurance doesn't get on the case pronto, that's all you can do. If there's CCTV footage of the incident, it presumably shows her driving off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Whocare

Get a Solicitor and start billing insurance company for rental car that might light fire under them

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hud420

Sorry busy week and only getting back to this now, I had my own insurance company look at my car twice and got a call Friday saying the repairs to my car have been approved, I’ll have to open an injury claim now on Monday to try and sort my partners hospital bills/ MRI scan/physio that she will need etc

first time I’ve had to use an insurance company in any way and I’m with AIB insurance and all I can say is avoid them like a plague they’ve been absolutely zero help, thanks for the replies and help everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 25,338 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I’m with AIB insurance and all I can say is avoid them like a plague

Their car policies appear to be underwritten by Axa, I'm surprised you're having trouble with the claim. Do you have to go through AIB all the time or have you been handed over to the claims people in Axa?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Write to them. Make a formal complaint about the handling of the claim.

They'll be obliged then to follow a specified procedure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Sorry to hear you've had such trouble. I'm in a very similar situation and it's the first time I've had to deal with insurance in this way. It's crazy, what are we paying for...?

We were rear ended, offending car drove away leaving my car in bits and another damaged, but we got his reg. Gards involved. My partner was hurt. And all I'm getting is push back from insurance companies. This was almost 4 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

What I do not see is any indication from the other side's insurance company that the hit and run driver is actually being indemnified in respect of this accident. The fact that they instructed an assessor does not mean that she is covered.

People leave the scene of an accident for a variety of reasons including not being covered under the policy on the car, being drunk and so on.

I would be asking the other driver's insurance company if she is being indemnified by them. If you get no answer to that I would report this to Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

If the vehicle is insured by the company you are dealing with, they have to look after your claim, even if the driver is not covered or was drunk or somehow breeched policy conditions

Advertisement