Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ruger 10/22

Options
  • 30-03-2022 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Just getting into gallery rifle..where can I get all the bits and bobs for competitive shooting... and what should I get... have 10/22 with green mountain barrel..Kidd trigger seems to be a good starting point next but I've found mags hard to come by.. any advice or help be gratefully appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Gunshop.ie would be a good place to start, your Green Mountain barrel will be fine , and a drop in Kidd trigger group is a good piece of kit. A scope with a clean reticle works best for Gallery shooting no need for the Christmas tree reticle.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ruger1894c

Thanks wadi single stage or double or what is the difference???

I have a Boyd's stock would it be a good idea to bed it???

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Wadi14

The Kidd drop in trigger kit is single stage, and is a good kit for the price, if you move up to the full trigger units you also move up in price, the full trigger units can be got in single or 2 stage.

I have both a drop in kit and a 2 stage. Remembering that Gallery rifle is mostly shot off hand and timed do we really need the €340 spend on a trigger unit probably not.

As for bedding if the stock fit is sloppy yes bed it, what I find works well for me is, I bed some epoxy to the rear of the stock where the back end of the receiver meets the stock. just the back wall I don't put any on the bottom where the receiver sits down into the stock, if you put bedding at the rear bottom then the front might rock as the back will then be higher.

A good way to find out if bedding might help is to buy some aluminum foil tape and stick layers of it to the back of the receiver until it fits snugly into the stock, test fire groups before and after and compare the results.

Before I'd worry about triggers or anything else, I would make sure the rifle fits me for off hand shooting, so when I mount the rifle is the scope automatically in the middle of my eyeline, if not move it, if its low or high will an adjustable butt pad help with cheek placement it probably will. Bisley Adjustable Rubber Recoil Butt Pad Stock Shoulder Rifle Buttplate Shotgun : Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors.

This will help but I think you will need to open it in a new tab, Skills - Galleryrifle

Thanks for that wadi I'll take it all onboard...got a bit of reading to do and just get out and shoot it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭clivej

Did this to a few 10/22 for people. Made a big difference to the rifle.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055444087/tips-section/p4

• Advertisement

Clive that looks great.. you have a fine job made of it... really tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pbgt

Hi lads, anybody got contact details for ruger1894c please. Trying to get in touch with him but no luck unfortunately.Strictly pm only.

Thanks

Advertisement