Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T90sr strange behaviour?

Options
  • 29-03-2022 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a T90sr, probably 5-6 years old and used daily. At the moment when using it after a few mins it just goes off. As if it has lost power. The little blue light disappears. If I press the button to turn off, then wait a few seconds the blue light flickers a few times and then will go blue again. I can turn back on and off you go again.

It only last maybe 1 min and does the same again

Do I need a new one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'd suggest turning it off at the fuse box until you get an electrician to check it out. It's not safe to use. I don't believe it's the shower itself. Sounds like an electrical fault before the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Thanks, I had a quick go again. The shower is connected to another T90 via a priority switch which was installed maybe 12 months. No problems at all with the other shower.

Tried it and the shower went off again. But the light on the switch to the shower stays on. I turned off shower and then I heard a click from the shower and the power started to come back. Worked again and same problem

Just odd that if it was the priority would it not cut all power off including the switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭Gusser09

It could be fried after 5-6 years of daily use to be honest. Could be time for a new unit.

When it is in the failed state test the voltage with a multi meter (not a phase tester). This simple test will tell you if it the shower.

It's very unlikely to be the shower at fault.

I took the unit apart, fired it up….10 mins burning electricity and nothing 😂😂 working perfect

F**king ghost in system and must have scared him off 🤣

• Advertisement

Oh I know, it’s earned it’s keep to be honest as going nearly every morning and evening in that period

So to follow up, no problem and then bang went again today.

So I got out the multimeter. I checked with face tester first and the unit still had power going to it. But when I set to V~ 500 I was getting 230 when it was working, then when it went off it was at 1 but not stable and then back up to 230. So I guess the problem is at the priority switch?

I had issues before with the on/off puller switch but nothing like this so I would expect it the priority.

It had to be an electrical issue. There isn't a part in the shower that can cause what you we describing. I'd expect you to get another 4 or 5 years out of the shower itself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

Ok so I had a look at trip switch's etc. Everything seemed ok so I flicked everything off and then back on again. Including the priority a few times. I checked the shower again and working. SO will see as electrician is called but wont be here till Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

My guess the issue is at this switch too, especially if it’s operated before & after every shower

Advertisement