Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounting a tap to the worktop rather than the sink unit

Options
  • 29-03-2022 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I'm buying a new kitchen sink and I found one I really like the look of but it's one of those that requires the tap to be mounted to the worktop rather than the sink itself.

Someone mentioned to me that it's not the best idea as it can cause a leak into the worktop and damage the wood. Is that true? I assume it's possible if it's not installed correctly, but surely it's not a problem if done right since worktop mounts seem to be extremely popular?

2nd question. Do I need to buy a specific type of tap that is capable of being mounted to a worktop, or are all standard kitchen taps capable of that? I believe the worktop is 39mm thick.

Comments

Advertisement