Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Who - Special - Legend of the Sea Devils - 17/4/22 BBC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well that's random; Tegan and Ace return?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Looks like a rerun of previous season finales, whacking a load of different enemies together ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Typical Chibnall frenetic mess, was looking forward to it but the sea devils were the least threatening enemy ever

And the whole love crap - please never again, totally humanises the doctor, RTD and other writers did it the right way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭ebbsy

My problem with that it was just whacked in from nowhere.

At least with Rose etc it was done naturally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,834 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, from all of the Doctor's companions, why would Yaz be "the one"? Unless they have great heartfelt moments together offscreen it just seems more like a schoolgirl crush on an older person. If they wanted the LGBTQ relationship, then it's too bad Bill was a Doctor too early, she would probably have been the better match.

The episode seemed very rushed and what was even the point of the giant sea monster?

And I know we need to suspend disbelief, but could anyone believe Dan could swim out to the ship then climb onboard?

This may be the first Who I skip out of pure inertia. Pirates as a genre can be very hit or miss and doing it as a pastiche often misses IMO. Is anything set up for the autumn final episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,834 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I didn't watch the trailer for the finale but there were some lines along the lines of "I wish this could last forever" and the like but nothing like the Doctor catching a fatal disease for hr to know she was going to die.

But as with a lot of shows, no harm watching since you've come this far.

Advertisement