Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build

Options
  • 29-03-2022 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

So I am lucky enough to soon start building my own house. The goal is for everything to be controllable and smart: lights, gates, heating, cooling, doors, doorbells, shutters/blinds, security, and audio.

My current house is a retrofitted smart one with Philips hue lighting and switches throughout, Tado for heating, Comelit for bell/gates, Brel for shutter/blind control, swann cctv, Google home TV and a few other bits and pieces around hot water and all tied with google home and home assistant too.

So my dilemma is if I repeat the same route or do I go with an integrated system like fibaro or control4 etc. The nerd in me thinks that I can do it better on my own with home assistant but I had spent a significant time on it the last time around.

There are things that I am going to be doing differently by default, like smart switches instead of bulbs but for the rest I am really not sure.

Any similar experiences, thoughts and possible guiding points?

Advertisement