Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown paint at the bottom of the house

Options
  • 28-03-2022 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Might be a stupid question....

Is this a specific type of paint or is it just regular 'brown' exterior masonry paint?

I had a look in Woodies yesterday and didn't see anything that looked suitable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭C. Eastwood

BraveDonut

Go to a Paint Store only - and get advice and get best quality external masonry paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Dulux Weathershield perhaps or something similar.

Are you touching up or painting over completely ? If the latter then exact match probably not necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,433 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I used Dulux Weathershield on mine, and did the sills in the same colour. In my case it was quite a dark colour, Bitter Chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭chooseusername

There is no damp course visible so the concrete skirt may have breached it.

Have you got damp at the base of your walls inside?

Is this why you're painting it?

Chooseusername

thr outer leaf is 100 mm clay brick, therefore there is a cavity inside the brick outer leaf. No Dampness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭chooseusername

You're right , it probably is a 4 in brick wall, but that is the only assumption I would make from that one photograph and the information provided.

It is the external leaf of a Cavity constructed external wall. With those clay bricks, there must be a cavity on the inner side of the wall.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

We have Bitter Chocolate on our.

Advertisement