Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator on .220 Brno licence renewal

Options
  • 27-03-2022 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I've recently completed renewal form for above rifle licence.

On it, I ticked the box for the moderator and submitted my letter of reason (lowering noise around farm yards).

I've got the "firearm certificate grant notice letter" back, which says my application for a firearm certificate for a .220 rifle is successful.

However it contains no mention of the moderator.

So I don't know if I've been granted the moderator addition or not, does anyone know if its usually mentioned on the notice letter?

Want to get ducks in a row before ringing superintendent tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭J.R.

Anytime I got the "firearm certificate grant notice letter" back for the rifle it never mentioned a moderator in it. ( I have permission for a moderator)

In fact, the letters for the rifle and the shotguns have the exact same wording.

The only way I know that the moderator has been granted again is when I see the "S" on the rifle licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Great stuff, thanks JR.

That answers my question, there will be no reference to moderator on notice letter

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭smmember20

Yes but your license must have a little S on the bottom left hand side to verify that the authorisation has been granted, no S no moderator!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Licence arrived and S is on the bottom left corner.

Thanks for answers all

Advertisement