Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Cold Water in upstairs toilets

Options
  • 26-03-2022 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

I replaced a shower pump, a like for like swap, but now the cold taps in the main and en-suite sinks aren’t working and the toilet cistern isn’t filling.

They are mixer taps with a swivel handle to manage hot and cold.

I have hot water to the sinks, shower and bath and the cold tap in the bath works.

I presume I’ve an airlock and have tried filling the cisterns, blocking the tap on hot with my hand and gradually moving to cold but no joy.

Any of you knowledgable people have any suggestions?

edit: there’s no cold water to the downstairs w/c either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

It can take time to clear airlocks, try the hot tap thing again but for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Will do. Are we talking 30 seconds or a few minutes? Or just keep doing it until it’s fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Covered the tap for 20 minutes and let the hot tap flow with the tap turned midway between hot and cold and still no water.

I emptied a cistern and did the same thing to see if the flow and the cistern started filling.

I’ve no idea what I’ve done to it now.

Advertisement