Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any WW2 Airplane games for Xbox?

Options
  • 25-03-2022 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My son has an Xbox and we were talking the other day about different games he plays on it.

I was wondering is there any fighter plane game based on WW2 available for the Xbox?

TIA

B.L.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

Fairly sure crimson skies is backwards compat. It's as close as you'll get but not really historically accurate..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's always the excellent Ace Combat 7, although that's modern jet fighters.

Crimson Skies might be closest you will get although there is also Blazing Angels which might be available still??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Thanks folks….disappointing that there are not any ‘accurate WW2’ based flight games for Xbox…..is it the same story with the newer PlayStations?…..it’s name escapes me but I remember an excellent WW2 based airplane game for the PC that I used to play back in the early 2000’s.

You had different missions and access to different airplanes from the countries involved.

Is it through a lack of a market for such a game that there is none for the X Box?Had a quick look at trailer for ‘Crimson Tide’ and planes look much more futuristic than anything else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah lack of a market for them. Even the excellent ace combat 7 was a bit of a surprise and gamble for namco and that's waaaaaay more mainstream than more sim games.

The game you are talking about is probably IL2 sturmovik. Used to be a big market for them on PC but they are near unheard of now.

Maybe the new Microsoft flight simulator might be something to consider?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There's War Thunder on both consoles, it's free to play and everything that comes with that but it's generally fine at the WW2 lower levels. Started out as planes, but it's got tanks, and ships now too.

It's 95% or more multiplayer but there's some single player stuff in it.

Has 3 general modes, Arcade, realistic, and Sim.

Arcade is as it sounds, you've got a UFO of a plane that can survive any dive and you can reload mid air and you've got lives.

Realistic will have wings rip off in dives and no aim assist/target/lives, but still has simplified controls as an option with 3rd person.

Sim is same as realistic but zero UI or videogame help and you're stuck in the various first person views inside the vehicles.

It's free in any case so no harm in trying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement