Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stranger of Paradise - FF Origin

Options
  • 24-03-2022 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭

Haven't seen any thread on this apologies if there has been one! Wondering what people's thoughts are on it? Seems to be getting mixed reviews with it being deemed somewhat a standalone away from the RPG style usually attributed to FF games.

I've never played any FF games prior to this demo having been mostly Xbox throughout the years. Demo doesn't seem too bad so far!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm actually looking forward to playing it. The reviews mostly rip it apart for the story but I think it looks gloriously stupid. Combat is meant to be solid and it's supposedly a much easier souls like experience. Team Ninja have been doing great work recently as well.

Unfortunately everything is about Elden Ring but I'll get around to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Only played about 4 hours. If you played the demo the missions are like stages and can do extra side mission once finished the story line mission. So far just run back opposite direction to kill new enemy or certain foes. Loads of weapons and gear drop so have to discard the useless ones as only hold 500.

It's a good game but after coming from elden ring like a step back but far easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Played more and couldn't recommend it as gets repetitive very fast. Pick up cheap if you want but not worth the money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing this atm and loving it, a very accesible souls type game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Combat is fantastic, that's the best bit about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thor High Heels loved this, although he has pretty weird taste in games. I'll definitely try get around to it when I can as it's looks like the combat is great and the dumbness is hilarious and intentional.

Advertisement