Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

qatar airways refund policy

Options
  • 24-03-2022 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

after I was booked to fly 11 nov 2021 but covid problems caused the flight to be cancelled. Qatar promised a refund withing one month, but 4 months later no refund. Everytime i phone they cannot find the case bumber and ask for the booking ref which they also cannot find then 20 mins later they find the papers and say they are sorry and will pay within 2 weeks but after 2 weeks still no refund I really need contacxt details of qatar airways legal departmentsr n

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If the flight was cancelled and didn't happen then the refund should have been prompt. I'd be going the route of a chargeback on your credit/debit card once the original flight didn't happen. If the reason for non travel was flight happened but you couldn't fly because of travel advise from our government you are then at the airlines mercy for refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭beaufoy

Problem with qatar airways is they are based in doha and as such how does an irish lawyer deal with a company based in Doha

Qatar airways does not have an irish office but the sales office in mayfair london deals with irish sales .....Now I am a uk citizen but I was living in ireland when I booked and the flight departed Dublin ......a few questions

1) Should I use the london office as a portal for legal action against qatar

2) would it be best to use a uk or irish lawyer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

A waste of time money and energy going the legal . Charge back if its not too late. What about claiming through your travel insurance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭beaufoy

If I go the small claims route and Qatar do not pay then I will have to go to court. So the intial claim will be 2600 plus court costs = 3000

If I have to travel to UK to attend court then total cost including economy ticket = 5000

business class ticket = 10000

When I make out the claim form do I write total claim as being 10000 euro or do I write 3000 plus travel expenses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Am I reading this correctly? 3k initial claim plus 2k economy class to UK ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

Qatar Airways voted best airline 22

They bought the world Cup too

It's least best compared to Emirates & Etihad they offer better entertainment and service.

Doha Airport is least best airport and I know because of an 8 hour delay very poor response so far on my complaint more to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭IdHidden

Also Qatar Airways do not apply EU Regulation 261/2004 compensation rules. In future I will choose a EU based carrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭geecee

Doha airport is awful for a new airport.

Bus transfers on flights arriving from Ireland and returning.

Crazy 25 min walks from gate to gate with little or no travelators, all so they can coral you through the one security zone.

Poor and expensive food choices.

The only good thing it has going is the bathrooms, which i have found very clean when compared to Dubai or e.g. BKK.

Most annoying though though is the amount of aircraft "equipment changes" that they have, you simply cant rely on the plane (and seats) that you have booked actually show up, flight from BKK to DOH recently and the Biz class looked like something out of the 80s! I'm sure glad I didn't take them up on their offer of €550 for an upgrade!

Advertisement