Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday 23rd of March

Options
  • 22-03-2022 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭

Yes, we're racing!!! ok, I mean, there's some flat racing action in... Dundalk yeah, Dundalk Dundalk, but at least it something cause I'm having serious withdrawal symptoms here 🤣 I've even fired up my old desktop that I can see it better on the wide screen 🤣 I'm leaving the selection process till tomorrow though until all non-runners come through and the market settles down.

I only had a quick glance at the first race because it's one of the smaller ones. I think favorite won't be stopped this time either. Adams Barbour, 2/1 with PP at the moment, 5pm Dundalk.

Comments

Degenerate punters take note,, ole leff has 5 e/w picks in t'one race,, small stakes advised,, fourteen go to post, and there are three reserves (one of whom represents the all crookering DG Hogan, who also has two in this in the handicap proper - if that's the correct terminology 😊).. will hope none of these reserves take part, but I consider Paul Flynn's Power Drive to have best prospects from t'three reserves,,

6.00 Dundalk should be 4 plcs a fifth going here, and, for various reasons, these be me fIve picks:

ELZAAMSAN 10/3 PP/Boyles/Lads , PRINCE OF VERONA 12/1 PP/Boyle/Lads (365 as big as 20s, and some onlines also go bigger than 12s, but i is a b & m punter, so concentrate on firms what have doors what punters can walk through and 'place their bets' ), CEDAR RAPIDS 22/1 PP/Boyle/Lads , VERY EXCELLENT 9/1 gen & HARRIET'S FORCE 10s gen.

t'majority of these are ridden by apprentices, but race conditions mean that no jockey what has ridden 15 or more winners under rules in ~ last 9months can take part in this,, So, somehow, t'likes of Kevin Manning (who takes ride on Harriet's Force) is allowed participate,, unfortunately Hogan, who's on number 1 reserve, and current best-priced 4/1 2nd fav Jaafel, is also in the reckoning :( on bare form i aint too worried about Jaafel, but i like to think me is a straightshooter, and i couldn't claim that Denis is an honest broker type like moi, so if Jaafel gets in (and easily could, as he has two others in race) , i think improvement would be required,, two of my picks are trained by Hogan so i'm torn,,, anyroad, can't (if one has reasonable hopes of profit making, that is) back em all tho

aint got a handle on how race will pan out, but i'd say they'll go v quick as there be a few frontrunners in this,,

recommendation is €1.50 e/w on t'five, but if anyone's feeling flush, i would nae put anyone off going €5 each way on all of em,, looks a wide open race, and if anything goes off at < 7/2, then i'd have it at 50/50 that that shortie would be an 'ogan trained one,,,

Drakensberg is strangely priced here ,, as short as 3s with bet365 (who are normally the most generous) , and a few (including Paddy) go as big as 11/2,, a massive discrepancy imo, insofar as t'layers are normally in lock step as far as t'market leaders go,,, Drakensberg may go close , but as far as winning goes, i'd have him at 7/1 meself,, it was a 45-65 h'cap he won lto, and only in a moderate time,, trained by another renowned crook in Tony Martin, tis no wonder most are keeping this fellah onside.,,,

GL all 😊

another (race, that is,, more'n one pick mind ! 😂) on t'flat at Dundalk ,,,

5.30 Dundalk

An open looking 'Claiming' race over the extended 10 (1m. 2f. 150yds. ) furlongs, or 11 furlongs, as it bes oft held to be,,

am seeing the 2/1 'paper favourite' War Hero is trading at 9/2 with majority of layers,, not for me,, no way, no how (on form anyhoo) , as i don't think this 7yr old has ever even raced beyond a mile in almost 70 runs! connections must be hanging their prospects on this one being classy enough to eclipse t'opposition,, Usain may be the classiest (100m sprint being track & field's 'Blue Riband' affair, imho) runner o'er last twenty years, but i couldn't see him prevail against Mo over 10,000 metres,, that's my analogy here,,

what can win? don't know,, don't care (well i do 😆 'care' that is, but this one is only guesswork, so won't be too disappointed if i don't even get a place, but am reasonably confident) , but have a couple at ok prices that can be given claims,,

both trained by the same trainer James McAuley, who's really being pulling up saplings in last year or so,, he has another in this as well, but, two picks i feel, is enough,,,

HIGHTOWN HEIGHTS 4/1 PP/Lads/Boyles not an e/w prospect at this sorta price, and tis a bit skimpy imo, but ole leff aint exclusively about 'value',,

A C & D winner from as recent as January,, has the same draw in box 10 that saw her win that day, from a hold up ride,, she repeats that, and she should go close,, that was also a Claiming Race, and a moderate (though the further the distance north of 1m. , 'moderate' times aint so bad, esp in t'context of races like this, imho,,, and it was only 1.38 seconds slower than t'course average) enough time, but win it she did,,, has former (still is, possibly) champ Colin Keane on board too,, was rated 73 then, and goes off today rated 71,, had a 5lb claimer on top when winning here in January, and will have to physically lump 9lbs more than when last she won (the 5lb claimer Sam Ewing was on top that day).. Hightown Heights aint been pulling up any trees (or saplings even 😃) in her 3 runs since winning, but: # she is a she, so there's that 😂 , and a lot of these are pretty poor or inconsistent,,, back down into a claimer, and 'the right man' ;) is on top (poster said 'the right man' = 'he sure sounds like a sagely knowing chap" 😁 , using that sorta terminology, so that'll do for me as a degenerate what looks on these threads 😂😓),, ya never know, i just might be on tee summit, to not be too much into self-disparagement,,

ANJAH (if i find meself in shoppe come business end o' race might, and 'Anjah' is well in contention, i might well could go into MJ mode, with a mediocre rendition o' Angie - tho if i were a layer, i'd have that at odds against, at minute anyhow,.,.. $ "there aint a nag that comes close to you..." $) 7/1 gen 10s with 365 e/w NAP

has yet to win in 19 total starts, but has being knocking on door at this trip at the course a few times in last few months,, might have a few pounds up his sleeve imh, as if t'race is ran to suit, then he might even win easy 😋! Young Sam Ewing takes mount on Anjah here,, last time we saw Anjah, he broke slowly under another jockey C Maxwell, and finished 8th,, he was well supported that day, and the race was won by his stablemate Hightown Heights (t'pick above this one) , which had Sam Ewing on top with his 5lbs claim,, whether Sam had a choice or no, he is now on Anjah, and is down to claiming just three pounds today,,,

those two'll do me here,, hard to be confident about anything here, and there's a few i'm thinking: "NO WAY" , but am sure should one of them prevail, their trainer will have a valid excuse 😖 ,,, just for $hits and giggles, i'll have ~ 2/1 fav Fox Leicester , and another of McAuley's, House Of Kings ~ 7/2, as 'place lay propositions' if they're trading at around those odds at close to the off,,,,

will give a 'favourable' to ~ 12/1 shot ITSALONGLONGROAD, who has won a similar race at backend of 2020,, hasn't done much on flat since then, so 12s looks a bit skimpy,,,

that's me done - for now anyway :D

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

will go one mo' race 😂 i was suitably morivated to study it,,

all good prices,, haven't checked oddschecker, as am listening to Sinéad atm on YouTube on d&b, so will go with 'irishracing' prices, which are usually there or thereabouts,,

three picks - all e/w

7.30 Dundalk

HODD'S GIRL 15/2 , BELEAGUERMENT 8/1 , TEDDY BOY 8/1

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

6:00 Fundalk, I think favorite's ELZAAMSAN 9/2 a good chance to get off the mark here. He ran very consistent 2nds in his maiden races and last time, i.e. first time in hdc was drawn widest and kept at the back, I think he might want to be closer to the action which should be able happen today from the law draw 3, and claimer jockey takes 5lb off. He was beaten by Razdan and Very Excellent in the maidens but both of them haven't followed up their maiden win in handicaps, although Razdan ran well lto being 2nd top weight in that race. There's also a question which one is suited by 10f the best because a lot of them have form over both 10f and 12f.

Drakensberg was heavily back lto when trainer expected him to perform well, he admitted that himself (RP comments state that). He should be thereabout today too. Hariet's Force has been running well lately but she's on ONE race in her racing career so far, that doesn't inspire much confidence.

I might look at one more race later, now I'm off to do my 5k run which is 3miles and about 4/5ths of a furlong 🤣

am guessing ur time j@u , the 3miles & almost a furlong @ 19m 45.76secs,, fair play going for a run,, nice day for it an all 🤣

• Advertisement

16 mins to kickoff and am too tired to leave hoose for the shoppe viewing experience :~~~(

keep eye on results anyroad,, mite wake up enuf to brave it yet 😂

Lol, I wished! I'd only qualify for veterans race at this stage and I'm also completely out of form after the winter and also very badly handicapped by my own body weight 🤣 I'm just glad I made it home in 32mins, walked half of the distance I have to admit. Old age isn't fun.

First race is off, I can't be bothered watching live with Paddy's.

😂 "out of form" :D good one 🤔

tough in t'veteran stage alright j@u 😂 doin better than me atm,, too lzy for 2 walk the 5mins to get there to ye shoppe 😃

nowt wrong with 32mins,, tis better than what a lot can do!

and y'aint old 😄

in horsey related nooz, I've 2 up in me 'pot xx YAY 😋

Still reckon Fox Leicester is a place lay,, craaazzee price 🤣

No luck in the first. No bet in the next but interested how it's gonna work out. ITSALONGLONGROAD caught my eye too, doesn't hold any resent flat form by is CD winner and was quite fancied on his jumps starts lately.

• Advertisement

nowt there :( far too hard these races 🙂

me placepot is doomed after 2nd leg,,, won't be doing one of them for a while - a year be too soon 😂😓😅

Yeap, agreed. All down the drain so far 🤣

no Fundalk 😃 note to self - don't believe the form,, don't believe the form,, don't believe........

Sherlock Holmes couldn't have found that ruddy Dammit in 6.30 😞 fool me once Dundalk - shame on me 🤗

I know I should leave it alone but I just can't... one more... No Show 4/1 in the last, was a length down from the current fav Capla Night lto they met, now he's better off in weights, he might want further but you never know.

best of luck j@u 😊 am done for 2nite, enough racing,, gl all

No joy today, 40/1 shot takes the last, I bet he surprised his connections too 😆

Advertisement