Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treadmill in a converted attic

Options
  • 22-03-2022 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi

I am a bit apprehensive about transferring 80kg treadmill to my converted attic. It is a motorised treadmill. Anyone else thinks it is not a good idea or am I overthinking it? The problem I don’t have any other space in my house. Any advise please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭mike_2009

what width & depth are the joists the attic floor is sitting on? My Dad renovated an attic before but had to replace all the joists to strengthen the floor. Who did the conversion - did they engage a structural engineer? Plan B might be a steel insulated shed outdoors to train in?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My opinion, is not that the attic 80kg is a problem. It’s the constant pounding on the flexible joists that will ultimately cause damage to the ceilings below.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Unless you live alone the noise as you run would be unbearable.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Advertisement