Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pristine Caberg Justissimo Titanium XL helmet

Options
  • 21-03-2022 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello

Hope I’m in the right forum.

I have a completely unused, absolutely pristine Caberg Justissimo Titanium XL sized helmet, in original box, sleeve and with promotional visor sticker still attached. Booklets etc. Absolutely pristine, unused condition. This isn’t a Justissimo GT it’s a Justissimo plain and simple.

I’m never going to use it. I bought it years ago at a show in the RDS but never started motorcycling! My question is how much is it worth and where’s the best place to advertise it?

Thanks very much for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

How old is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

No need to answer that, I googled it... Helmets have a limited life, so a 15 year old helmet isn't of any value to protect someone... particularly as anyone who wants a cheap lid can pick one up new in Halfords for €30. There is a date on the chin strap of each helmet and they should be discarded after 5-7 years...

Plus that one you have is unlikely to meet modern safety standards. You might find someone who wants it as a momento of a past experience, such as conceiving their favourite child on the back of a Gixer while wearing that particular protection... then it'd be worth at least €7-8.

Sorry I don't have better news.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

It's worth whatever someone wants to pay, it should meet any modern safety standard (they're not very stringent tbh), they're affected by UV which will weaken the shell, hence the limited life though the vast majority wouldn't pay any attention to that, if it's been boxed all tis time then that might mitigate, I have one and wear it occasionally, it's stored properly etc and still serviceable, they're noisy as F though.

Advertisement