Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 5008

Options
  • 21-03-2022 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Alot of white smoke coming from exhaust and engine on occasions.

Was told ad blue injector needs replacing,only 36k km on car, car is 18-2..should this be covered under warranty? Can't find doc's from when we bought car.

Comments

Even 5 year old child can read DTC. So, nobody did not made the real diagnostics? DTC reading is not full diagnostics like some fancy scanner owners thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pron

Lots of short trips can cause adblue to crystalise on the inector nozzle, as it doesn't get hot enough to burn off the soot in the exhaust etc ..

It can be washed off with water, if you're a DIY type, and is reasonably accessible from underneath - otherwise, yes, injector needs replacing - not a massive job, but a few hundred quid all done.

Wouldn't expect it on a 182, but it really does depend on the type of driving you do. There are videos on youtube covering how to get it off and clean it - it seems quite simple (I ended up getting it replaced, as it's as much work for a garage, and the part itself ain't expensive - and I've no useful driveway to work on the car myself!)

Advertisement