Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with water pressure in shower

Options
  • 19-03-2022 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Replaced a exposed thermostatic mixer shower in en-suite. In the middle of a shower the water just stops. There is great water pressure in the washhand basin and bath. There is a hot and cold pump in the kitchen for the pressure. would anyone have any idea what the problem might be

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭John.G

Can you see if the pump is stopped as soon as the water just stops or/and is it still running but no water from the shower?. If the pump is stopped leave the shower settings exactly as they were and slowly open either a hot or cold tap until the pump restarts, (leave the tap opened) and check shower flow OK and that the pump continues to run for say 10 minutes or so, if so, close the tap and let the pump run on for another 5 minutes or so or it may stop immediately. Post back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chkin

Tried what you said John but would you believe the shower didn't cut out this time. The issue is that I have guests staying in that room and I'm not a 100% sure that it wont happen again. Wonder would it have anything to do with not enough water going through the pressure pump to keep it going, if you understand what I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭John.G

Not sure if you are saying it didn't cut out while other outlet opened or didn't cut out with shower running on its own. With shower running normally, get a bucket and hold it under the shower head for exactly 30 secs, then measure this amount with a 1 litre milk container or jug, multiply this amount x 2 to give the flow rate in LPM. You might also post the details/photo of the pump data label.

Advertisement