Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windscreen replacement and effect on NCB

Options
  • 18-03-2022 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,671 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all

So I'm currently with AXA and had a windscreen replaced last year under the policy because of a chip.

Now, I was advised that this wouldn't affect my NCB and it hasn't as such, but the NCB statement shows the windscreen replacement as a claim nonetheless.

As it turns out I'm not sticking with them for the renewal as I got a much better price elsewhere (even though the AXA price was still lower than last year), and the windscreen claim has no effect on the new policy..... But, am I going to end up with hassle because of this down the line because of this "claim"?

In other words, am I better off just paying them back the cost of the job and having the NCB statement reissued accordingly?

Anyone experienced this with them before, and what effect did it have?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I never had a problem switching after a windscreen claim. Even though it was listed under claims on my NCB statement, it was not a factor when I called the new insurers to get a quote. Don't look for the new insurer online would be my advice, call them instead. The online quotation systems might not work when you tick that box that asks have you had a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭beachhead

A windscreen claim won't affect future quotes.Just be careful-some insurers charge an excess for window claims-Liberty for one.The list of excesses on various claims will be hidden near the end of the policy information booklet which will be online with most insurers.You won't be told of these excesses during the quote proocess unless you ask.

Advertisement