Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine Moved During Fast Spin

Options
  • 18-03-2022 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

Recently during a washing cycle our washing machine is aggressively shaken when on a fast spin. It moved a good 3 to 4 inches across the floor.

Any possible reason why that be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

Possibly incorrectly balanced on its four legs, has it recently been installed or moved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

If its been fine up till now, then I'd suggest perhaps something large like a pillow or duvet might be causing an imbalance in the drum.

If its always done it, well welcome to my world. 3 or 4 inches is nothing. The spot chosen for it is right where two uneven floors meet after knocking down a wall. I will fix it next time we're replacing the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

It has been installed a number of years ago. Moved before Christmas to change brushes on the pump. Had no problem since until a couple of days ago and today.

Did wash some bed sheets and woolen blanket a few days ago. Today was just a door mat and an old jacket.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

A door mat and an old jacket sounds like an ideal load to be exceptionally unbalanced. Two things that may be very heavy when wet off to one side and nothing countering it.

• Advertisement

Thanks. It would appear so alright.

I'll check with a regular load of clothes and towels the next time.

Advertisement