Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there a place to get some items for free?

Options
  • 18-03-2022 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hello

We recently moved to Ireland from Finland. We are now in the apartment next to Hansfield station.

Is there any place where I could get some kitchenware/furniture for free or temporary for few months? It may take several months for our goods to arrive, and I feel that buying new things that we will use for a few months is not good for the environment.

I already visited Ikea to get some pots, plates and forks. Not enough to fill the dishwasher. On adverts.ie, everything free or cheap are quite far away.

Quality of the goods doesn't matter, as it is temporary and I will donate them later.

I don't have a car yet. So I could walk to pickup not very far away. Or if some kind person could bring me things :)

Here is what I'm looking for.

Big items:

1-3 computer desks

2-4 chairs

2-4 shelves

coat holder

vacuum cleaner

hand truck

indoor carpets

Small items:

EU to UK power adapter

2-3 extension cords

trash bin

kitchenware: mugs, plates, forks, knifes, etc

hand towels

shower towels

English learning or school books for kids

Any indoor/outdoor toys suitable for 10-15 years old boys

Any old computer or parts for computers (not older than 15 years, e.g. c2duo or similar)

flowers in pots

Comments

Advertisement