Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiking boots for the Spinc?

Options
  • 18-03-2022 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I’ve a mate who did the Spinc in runners and by the time he got back to the car park he could barely walk because he said the trail down to the miners village absolutely wrecked his heels.

I had a look at a few pictures and it does look like the trail is well maintained with planks and it does look doable in runners.

I was wondering if hiking boots are recommended for this trail? Would he be easier to go up via the Miners trail and come down via the waterfall?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ThreeGreens

I've always worn boots for it. I just want to avoid a twisted ankle.

However I'd suggest that the majority of people doing it, do it in runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I prefer runners, boots slow me down. If I'm tackling a real mountain and progress is slow then boots. This should be a fast trail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Experienced walkers, runners or anyone using the ankles in any type of general exercise way would get away with it in runners.

Boots protect your ankles, if you don't do regular exercise or are prone to rolling your ankle then boots would be a sensible option.

Advertisement