Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker placement, 5.1.2

Options
  • 17-03-2022 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

I have a very basic home cinema in the making. It's a small room, 3x4m. Also one corner has an angle cut off where the door is, so it's only 2m on the screen wall.

The question basically is regarding speaker placement, and how far from the Dolby recommendations I can be without issue.

I have a set of Kef 1000 series eggs, and a Denon 2700. However due to the layout and space, I'm moving the sub behind the seating. I know that the norm is front right or left but it's really not an option.

Also the ceiling mounted Atmos speakers are likely to be slightly further forward than in the recommendation.

Thoughts? Still going to be OK? Pic for comparison to the Dolby sheet. The red and yellow dots are the locations I'll be placing in. Red for the lower level, yellow for the ceilings, purple for the sub.

Advertisement