Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kitten urinating advice pls

Options
  • 16-03-2022 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have a male kitten that is nearly 7 months old, he is fully litter trained and goes out also, he only had 3 accidents before using litter tray when we got him at 12 weeks. He has been vaccinated and vet has checked him said his healthy BUT when he gets in any bedroom in the house he goes to the toilet on the bed mostly urine but twice on my sons bed he defecated, we mostly keep him out of rooms but sometimes he sneeks in so would be great to get it sorted. I have looked online which suggests vet visit which I did and was no help, have cleaned area's he went thoroughly but not sure what else to do. Any help or advice much appreciated .

Comments

Has he been neutered yet? The urinating could be marking territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kphe81

No vet didn't recommend it anyway his done it since 12 weeks he said they didn't mark until sexually mature

At six months, he could already be sexually mature. Neuteuring is recommended between 5 and 6 months old, so I'd get him done asap. Its not that big an op for male cats, there is no shaving, stitches or cones involved!

The pooing could be a sign of anxiety. Is his litter box in a quiet place where he can see around him? Is it kept clean enough for him? Has the brand of litter been changed recently? These are all things you can look at. Cats are very fussy creatures when it comes to litter boxes, and if they're not using it, something is bothering them about it.

I have two almost 8 month old females, and they are very, very fussy about how clean their litter boxes are.

Advertisement