Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC Panels and Wifi

Options
  • 16-03-2022 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Do any of the Siemens Vanderbilt panels support IP communication by wifi.

I know they have an ethernet port but do Siemens make a wifi card that can be added so that the panel can connect to your network over wifi.

Having read through here I don't think so.

https://www.spcsupportinfo.com/SPCConnectPro/?page_id=1252

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not directly. You can add an a WiFi style router in access mode and patch from that into the panel.

Personally I prefer TP links as a more stable option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭hesker

I have a spare router that I can set up as an access point. I have done that already on a panel I set up recently. But this panel is for a different property and the best location for the access point is still quite a distance from the panel so would require some routing of cable I was hoping to avoid.

How does the TP link work. Can that pick up a Wi-Fi signal and provide a wired connection to the panel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The easiest option is to add a socket onto the panel mains feed. Plug in a a TP link into that and patch to the panel and add the second to link beside the router

I have a socket near the panel and the Wi-Fi signal is good enough there too so I’d say it will work fine. Still kind of weird they don’t provide a Wi-Fi card that can be mounted inside the panel.

What do you mean when you say “add the second to link beside the router”

• Advertisement
Advertisement