Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Transfer Of Residency - UK to Ireland - VRT Exemption

Options
  • 15-03-2022 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I recently came home for a visit in my UK car and have now decided to stay home and relocate here for good due to unforeseen circumstances (family emergency). I've already done a VRT check at a local NCT centre and have been told by them that I need to complete a TOR (Transfer Of Residency) with revenue, but I was not aware of this prior to coming home and saw that I needed to have done this before I came back. Seeing as I arrived home and then decided to relocate for good, this is all news to me!

The VRT is quite high, but I've owned the car for over 5 years in the UK so I know I should be exempt from paying this. I've got no PBN (Pre-Boarding Notification) ID from the ferry, anyone got any advice on this matter?

Comments

Advertisement