Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed On Replacing Precast Concrete Window Sills

Options
  • 15-03-2022 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All

I have a house that had stone built on the outside of the blocks which has now been removed

The window sills are extra wide to suit the stone work which now need to be replaced, the double glazing windows are sitting flush with the outer block

The window sills have to move back to the correct place along with the windows as the house is going to be plastered and no more stone

The DPM is in the cavity where in should be so its just the job of the sills being replaced and new windows fitted

I was wondering is the sill work something that could be done by myself with the correct advice or should I leave it to a proffesional?

Advertisement