Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting some idea if planning is likely to be approved?

• 15-03-2022 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Is there any way without going to the expense of having drawing done up? It would be a new build to the rear of a Victorian house. House is a protected structure and permission for an extension to the rear was previously refused, don't know if that is relevant. If we did go ahead I would need to purchase a section of the neighbours garden to get access to the side road. I suppose I make him an offer for this subject to planning? I think the whole idea might be a bit of a longshot so don't want to invest a lot of money in an application. I cant see any similar developments on surrounding roads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Request a Pre Planning meeting with the council.

Some of them have a downloadable application form on their websites, or else ring to request a form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Councils are seriously difficult to deal with so best of luck. You could also talk to someone like and architect who is familiar with the process.

Advertisement