Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeremy Kyle Show: Death on daytime

Options
  • 14-03-2022 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,852 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone watched episode one of this? Second episode on tonight.

Christ it wasn't something I would have watched...but talk about exploitation.

The portions of Jeremy Kyle speaking in outtakes....an absolutely vile individual.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,197 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes crazy what they were getting away with, just exploiting people. I found it sad the woman who's partner committed suicide after the recording was made of him to be on the show (it never aired as a result of his suicide) yet she still to this day loved Jeremy Kyle and even got a tatoo of his signature on her shoulder.

What became of Trisha? She had the original show in the same format.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Kyle himself talking on this documentary?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

No, just clips from the show. Some of them never broadcast, retakes etc. he was an asshole the whole recording not just an act to the guests

He gave a written statement through lawyers, basically absolving himself & saying it's defamatory.

It was a popular show, most thought they were just staging it but seems they just wound them up and let them go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Is this a surprise to people? The worst form of exploitative trash. Following a template set down by the likes of Heraldo, Jerry Springer etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

'20 thousand' people appeared on that show??????😲 i find that incomprehensible - think about it 20 thousand people duped into appearing on that show

i'd like to know how much they were paid? or were they paid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It was shocking really and Jeremy Kyle is a pig. It's true 20k appeared on this ghastly show but I'm not sure if it was discussed wether they were paid or not, but I'd say its safe to say they got something.

Whilst easy to judge some of the contestants, and some were worse than Vile, actually mostly were odious, there should have been a duty of care. The shows therapist was a clown of the highest order, he just stood by idly as that disgusting Jeremy berated guests and not only in the main studio but in back rooms. The therapist went on to make a fool of himself in front of a parliamentary committee.

One thing I found very odd and mindful they used actors, the staff involved in this show seemed to have suffered selective amnesia and failed to grasp they were apart of this monstrosity, I thought it rich and a little late to claiming they didn't see or understand what was going on and god bless them, they suffered too.

I wasn't aware there was other Suicides indirectly linked to the show but I was not surprised.

I saw a few episodes of this tripe and always felt it would end in tears. Ultimately Guests, Producers, Staff and presenter were responsible in someway. If anything good comes out of this, I hope it will be an end to this vulgar, crass and offensive type of entertainment.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,852 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

3 thousand plus episodes.

Not sure about pay, most people online said you get transport, hotel, food and drink etc

tripe of the highest order, TV for sun readers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,289 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Kyle isn't too happy about it, he's talking about taking legal action.

good, i hope it goes to court and Kyle is shown up for the spineless little worm that he is, acting all hard on TV with big burly security men around him..i'd like to see him squirm in court, the tables turned so to speak😑

• Advertisement
Advertisement