Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anglers rest pub by Public Transport

Options
  • 14-03-2022 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the best bus to get from Dublin city center or the nearest train station would be i.e. for the nearest stop and how far a walk it is from the nearest stop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

It's a uphill walk from chaplelizod village I would think straight up knockmaroon hill about 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Goodigal

To clarify, it's one of the steepest hills in Dublin so choose your footwear carefully!! But yes it's about 25 mins walk from Chapelizod village. Not the easiest place to access but a lovely spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,532 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Might be a shorter easier walk from Castleknock Gate though the park. Though takes longer on the bus to get there.

Cycling is probably quickest way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭billyhead

Cheers folks. I presume the bus departs along the quays. Is it the 66?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

I see on Google maps it's 1.9km from the village to the pub so that is about 20 minutes walk OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I'd imagine getting the 38 to Castleknock and walking from there would be shorter and easier?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Maybe get a Bleeper bike from Castleknock village. I've seen the parked outside Lidl. I realise that they may not be there when you need one.

Advertisement