Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT thresholds - who decides what is goods or service

Options
  • 14-03-2022 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I am in the process of opening a small cafe, in trying to figure out if i must register for vat at this stage, I cannot find clear information as to how a decision is made if a product is sold as a goods or service.

As a small business starting out it would be ideal if the 75K threshold applied

my understanding is that things like sale of coffee is considered goods, but hot food a service.

what if offering a mix of both? Who makes the decision on this? is there someone in the department who I can contact to get an answer or should I just hope that what my accountant applies is right? there seems to be very little information officially available from Revenue.

Thankyou

Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement