Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCH road trip. Seattle to San Diego.

Options
  • 14-03-2022 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

So, myself and my partner have booked flights. Arriving in Seattle mid September and departing from San Diego 17 days later to catch an internal flight to San Fran and then direct back to the capital.

We have nothing officially booked bar two nights in Seattle and a Sunday afternoon Sounders game (as im a footie nut).

I was hoping people in here have some past experience and could suggest attractions/locations/oddities along the way. Obviously I will need to rent a car but I reckon only for 11-13 days. Quotes from websites are misleading as I will be returning to a seperate location. Ive also wondered would it be better to rent to cars say from Seattle to LA and then rent again after i spend a few days in LA. How does insurance work. is it only one driver per rental ?

Another question I had was mobile phone usage. I know roaming is robbery so i would need a sim or an e-sim. Not overly worried about minutes or texts but i would love a large amount of Data.

So here is hoping for some tips and advice, i'd greatly appreciate it!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Checkout the some of the world’s largest trees. Redwoods can be viewed from PCH on 101 while traveling along the Northern California coastline on your way south.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ReturningForY

I would advise you to hold on to your car rental when you're in Los Angeles. It's really hard to get around without a car, especially if you're visiting for the first time and want to go to many different places in the city.

Otherwise, I think a PCH road trip is just awesome and even without too much planning it will be nice. In the San Francisco to Los Angeles portion, Carmel-By-The-Sea is a cute town to go into, maybe for dinner and to stay the night. I think Santa Barbara is really nice and I would recommend staying a night or two there - even though it's close to LA and you may be tempted to just pass through. There's a nice wine country in the hills just north of Santa Barbara worth visiting.

Advertisement