Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artificial Grass & Dog :)

Options
  • 13-03-2022 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

Looking for some feedback from anyone who has artificial grass in the garden… we have garden that is made up of decking, cobble locking and stones.. we also have a wonderful rescue springer spaniel .. who likes to dig 🥺.. now he’s only outside in garden for a few mins at anyone time as we do loads of off lead forest running daily.. but when he is he still manages to plough parts of it up! 

Now he only digs on the stones area which is fine only now he’s taken up the black stuff underneath in places so there is some mud when it rains.

Soo we are considering replacing the stone areas with high quality fake grass.. apparently it can be pinned / glued down along the edges ..

Anyone any experiences with artificial grass and a dog? 

Dos and dont’s etc?

Sorry sooo long - TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Oh I can just see a spaniel heading off down the road with a big thing of artificial grass 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah tried it here thinking I could get the dogs to pee on it - this was when Rory was smaller and peeing 50 times a day and summer too so the garden had stinky puddles everywhere. I gave up on it as he was trying to chew at it all the time. I just got a sample though and put a piece of it down on top of the slabs so not a professional job or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Thanks guys for both your replies!

apparently you can pin / glue them down on all sides so they can’t pull them up .. but with cooper anything is possible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

We have a lurcher who loves his zoomies! Have the artificial grass a year now and absolutely no issues. He's fond of digging, not much to be honest, but even the small patches he's focused on are still perfect.

My main advice is to get a good quality one. Yes, it's expensive, but so, so worth it, in my opinion. We used Sanctuary Synthetics for ours.

Only downside is it can get very hot during very sunny days so just keep an eye on your dogs feet and also if they like to lie down on it- a cooling mat helps with this.

Here's Milo enjoying a treat on his artificial grass 😄

Thanks soo much super helpful!

Milo looks very happy x that looks perfect for what we need!

can I ask what mm you used?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

We used 40mm. The 'Super Grass' from Sanctuary Synthetics.

Post edited by jellybear on

Thank you appreciate it! Will contact them today 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭crinkley

have mine since last may, theres specific tape you can get to keep it down which has worked perfectly, I got mine on amazon at a third of the price some local garden centres were charging. Would agree with a previous poster it can get V V HOT when the sun is out and the weather warm, doesn't happen too often I suppose

Advertisement