Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sidewinder or element

Options
  • 13-03-2022 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Looking at both the sidewinder 8x40-56 and the helix 6x24-50. Will be used as both target and hunting .22. Just wanting people's opinions on both. Tia.

Post edited by Cass on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭clivej

Iv had both. And now have 2 Helix scopes on my 22's,cz 452 and Anschutz, both for target shooing.

Good clear Optics and nice reticle, mrad.

Big BUT here with the Helix......... Make sure the parallax works on the scope when you buy, had trouble with the parallax on 3 scopes not working, not my 2 but other ppls.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lfahy

Clivej thanks a million for the reply is there much in the difference clarity wise on either scope

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭JP22

Don’t have either of these scopes but as Clive says, check out the Helix well if you intend purchasing one.

Parallax problems reported on a good few of them last year (incl some sold within USA), like anything in life, it could have been a bad batch.

Hawke make good scopes for the money and you’ll see plenty people using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭clivej

[QUOTE]Clivej thanks a million for the reply is there much in the difference clarity wise on either scope[/QUOTE]

I found the helix just that little bit better for the type of shooting I'm doing, I.E. Benchrest at 50m and 100m using both my 22lr rifles.

The MRad reticle is good for the 25 per page small targets with it's small centre dot.

Advertisement