Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing pistol barrel from USA

Options
  • 12-03-2022 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys . Does anyone know if I’ll need a permit to receive a pistol barrel stamped with my existing serial number for which I’m licensed for or will it just be a customs fee .

cheers

Post edited by Cass on

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

From the Irish side you will need an import permit.

I'm also presuming the caliber is the same, or that'd need a new license.

From the US side no idea, but usually some combo of export permit, ITAR documentation, etc

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

From the Irish side you will need an import permit.

For free from the DOJ.Fax or mail the original to the maker,dealer etc in the US for his paperwork with the Feds. Ask which one they need original or copy?

From the US side no idea, but usually some combo of export permit, ITAR documentation, etc

Critical an FFL dealer or manufacturer who can handle sales outside the US. They should have done this plenty before and will know what the routine is to export such.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement