Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edit Word doument saved to Google Drive

Options
  • 12-03-2022 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm trying to edit a word document that I have saved to my Google Drive.

I'm not able to save changes to the document using google drive on my Android smartphone, but can edit them on Google Drive from my laptop.

Is there a way to save changes to word documents on Google Drive on the mobile app?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

What error message you get, if any?

I guess you can only edit/save one open instance, not if you have it open on both devices simultaneously - first one has "lock" on it, second should prompt you to save under different name.

Close both, open on the phone and see if it allow you save there after alteration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭I am me123

I'm not getting any error message, the document just hasn't saved any changes I recently made to it at the time. ( on mobile app version, it saves ok using the web app).

Does the mobile app automatically save word documents?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

not using it on daily basis, but after testing on iPhone - it does save(locally on the phone) auto even if you just close app. I have no sync enabled.

Advertisement